SEEKING A DESIGNER + EVENTUALLY SEASONAL SALES
#teamlovelysomethings is small but mighty and we’re looking to add another designer to the family. “What kind of designer?” you may ask…well one graphically inclined. We’ll be totally honest it’s more about finding the right person than totally based on their design skills…
We are thinking part-time, roughly 20 hours during weekdays, here at the soon-to-be Lovely Somethings Loft. Minimally we need a production designer to help Liz with later rounds of proofs (that she has already designed), project management and assembly. If the volume continues to increase this position could grow into full time if wanted, or we will continue to expand the team. For the right person, if they have the design portfolio to warrant it, it could be a full time graphic designer position, but they would still be involved with production, as is all of #teamlovelysomethings. AN EYE FOR DETAIL IS KEY.
We will be interviewing in July, with the position to begin for August.
Things are always moving and changing here at Lovely Somethings, so we need you to be as committed as we are to making this a happy place.
Musts for candidates:
- Love paper! Don’t worry we email non-stop too…
- Understand the Lovely Somethings look
- Hardworking, self starters
- Pleasant personality – you don’t have to be outgoing, but you must be kind
- Love people, like for real – and will go to all legal lengths to beyond satisfy our customers. We want to build, nurture and maintain all client relationships.
- Pro at multi-tasking as we are constantly juggling client’s design work as well as in-house projects
- Ability to adapt to anything thrown at them, you may wear many hats – in an emergency, might even need to ring customers at the register
- Highly organized and always follows through #listmakersrule
- Can work cooly under multiple deadlines
- Proper phone/email etiquette
- Eye for detail – producing and checking proofs
- A degree in graphic design/visual communication; or currently enrolled in university level design classes; and/or one hell of a good design portfolio
- Fluent in the Adobe Creative Suite (minimally inDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Well versed in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook – is a plus)
- Apple whiz, or can get around it efficiently
- Valid driver’s license and your own transportation for printer/shipping runs
- Live locally due to the above and assembly needs
- Custom Proofing (design and copywriting)
- Submitting, proofing and guiding orders through production schedule
- Communication with customers on design projects/project management
- Production/assembling of wedding invitations and the like
- In house design projects (extent and range depends on candidate, possible illustrations)
- Roughly 20 hours per week, to be discussed as indicated above, and may evolve.
- Salary commensurate with experience. (seriously we are open to interns; parents with limited time; freelance artists that want some steady income too; or those looking to make this their everything, like us)
- We are in a time of major change/growth, but we need to first see if you mesh with the team and the role. Thus, you must be a team player and problem solver, always ready to wear multiple hats. As we are small, you must be proactive, sometimes self directing and have a great willingness to learn.
- Pink Walls
- Happy Customers
- Awesome co-workers
- On the spot training in: customer service, product knowledge, wholesale buying, graphic design and production
- Discount on both Lovely Somethings merchandise and custom work
- Paid holidays
- Vacation/PTO time depending on position and length of employment
- Fun outings
- Supporting local charitable causes
If you’re so excited about this position, I would bet that we’re just as excited to hear from you. Please fill out our job application and you will be contacted for an interview within the month if your resume seems a fit for team Lovely Somethings.
SEASONAL RETAIL SALES
More details to come later, but we will be interviewing in September for positions lasting from October thru December.
- MUST be available to work Sundays after Thanksgiving from 12-4pm
We are always reviewing applications.
So if you think you’d be a good fit for #teamlovelysomethings even for a position not listed,
always feel free to drop us a line!